How do we explain Roller Champions exactly… For those of you who missed the announcement trailer at E3 2019, it is an upcoming free to play multiplayer game from Ubisoft that essentially combines Roller Derby and Football! Well.. not quite football, to be honest it’s hard to find a reasonable comparison for this one. Players have to work together to get around the track while carrying a ball, then get that ball through an elevated hoop by any means necessary. It’s fast paced and full contact, and obviously geared for E-Sports competitions.
Ubisoft is making an Alpha version playable this coming Wednesday! The Alpha will be available for PC only, but Ubisoft plans to release Roller Champions on PS4, Xbox One and Mobile later this year. Read below to learn how you can signup and take part in the action. Now for some gameplay;
If you’ve ever seen Alita Battle Angel, it might look a little familiar to Motor Ball! With less robots..
Roller Champions Rules
- 3v3 PVP matches lasting 7 minutes, or first team to 5 points.
- Players throw the ball through the hoop to score.
- One lap while holding possession of the ball must be completed before this can happen.
- On a successful score, your team is awarded 2 points.
- If 2 laps are completed before the ball is thrown, players can earn 3 points.
- If at any point, the ball is picked up by the opposing team, possession is lost and the lap counter resets.
- If 3 laps are completed first, then the player scores, the game is over!
How to download the Alpha?
- Register here!
- The Alpha can be played on Uplay only (PC)
- Registration requires a Ubisoft account
- Alpha access is not guaranteed
- If you get selected, you’ll need to invite two friends along!
- Progress won’t be saved to port to the full release, but you will be awarded a permanent skin, the Live Tester outfit!!
- OS: Windows 7 or newer
- Processor: 2.5GHz 4 cores
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 or better / AMD Radeon 390
- RAM: 8GB
- DirectX: 11
- Peripherals: Xbox Controller, PS4 Controller, Mouse and Keyboard
Preload Starts: March 9!!
The Alpha will be playable March 11, 2020 (1200 EST) to March 23, 2020 (1600 EST). – Have fun!!