Nintendo Needs an Adult Mode
Now I know what you're thinking, "What the hell is an Adult Mode supposed to be? It's a kid friendly console you idiot!" I agree with you 100% but just hear me out.
"Adult Mode" doesn't have to be anything vulgar or crude. Think of it more like an "advanced mode" for players that are sick of the repetitive nonsense of certain games or just want more of a challenge. There's a lot of changes in a lot of games that I think would benefit greatly from having this option, making the games a lot more fun to play for older audiences.
Let's start with a well known classic series. If you've played the latest version of Mario Party, you've likely shared the same frustrations that I have. Scenes repeating again and again every time a player does something without the ability to skip, lack of difficulty and more. Here's some changes we would suggest "Adult Mode" to have:
- Ability to skip cutscenes or a setting to have them only play once per game. (IE. when a player gets a goomba "friend" into their party)
- The option for longer games, like the classic 50 turns or a "play to 5 stars" option
- Stars and stealing Stars costs more
- Only the winner gets coins from most games
- Landing on the same space as another player triggers a rival battle between the two
- More maps with more difficult/complex layouts to allow more strategy
This game does offer a lot of different ways to play things and there is very little that I would change at the moment but here are just a few;
- Repetitive dialogue from characters only cycles once a day. For example the rug guy; instead of giving you his whole speech every time you talk to him he could instead say it all once and not repeat it again until the next time he visits your island. This would go for many interactions with a lot of players in the game.
- Digging up items only showcases it once per day. Digging up clams to make bait is a pain only made worse by "showing off" your find with every clam.
- Being able to select to craft multiple of the same item at once. Again crafting 15 bait, one at a time, is extremely annoying.
- Highlighting items either when found and/or in your inventory that haven't been donated to the museum yet to stop players from having to check every single time. Especially for those islands with multiple players.
This isn't a game that caught nearly as much traction as the other two did but it's one we play a lot, especially while drinking. Although it's a lot of fun there are still a few little tweaks that would elevate the experience so drastically that everyone would be excited every time we mention it.
- All slices to win. Currently you only need to win 6 rounds to win the game. It doesn't matter if all the "slices" you get are from the same category.
- Infinite rounds until someone wins. Currently there is an option of either 3 or 5 rounds and the final round goes through all categories extremely quickly to get a winner.
- Ability to "steal" pieces. Winning a category that you already have a piece for doesn't get you anything but makes it so that no one else can get it that round. Perhaps after winning the same round multiple times you'll be able to reach a number that allows you to pick a slice from another category. EI: 6 extras slices in history can be traded to any other color you don't have.
Now I know that there is a lot of other alterations for different games out there that you would love to see implemented. Let us know how an "Adult Mode" could change gaming for you, in the comments below!
Games from Nintendo can tend to be repetitive and often overly simple. With a few alterations games could be cranked up to a level where people will be captivated and won't lose interest, no matter their age.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
In Control, you take on the character of Jesse Faden, a no-nonsense redhead out to discover the whereabouts of her missing brother. She tracks a lead, or rather her intuition leads her outside the doors of a semi-secret government organization known as the Federal Bureau of Control.
As I played through Horizon Zero Dawn, Guerilla Games first foray into the action rpg genre, I found myself struck with that same slack-jawed wonder that transpired in my youth when I explored the likes of Hyrule, Reach, the Mass Effect universe. A series of unrelenting moments so perfectly crafted
Looking for a game that you can play with friends? Maybe you're just interested in learning some classic games from around the world? It never hurts to have some games on your console that you can play when you have people over and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics gives you that in abundance!
Haven announces its self straight out of the gate as a unique, vibrant story with powerful characters and a game world that begs to be explored. It has a lot to say in such a short demo. This is our review.
One of the classic games of my youth, Spore. I find about once a year I get the urge to stay up the game again and work my way through the evolutionary track and try to fight my way to the center of the universe. If you've never heard of the game you might want to look into it.
With Paper Mario:The Origami King coming out right away it might be worth a refresher of all the games that have already come out in the series. Whether you've been religiously following the series or, like myself, missed the last couple give yourself a refresher on the paper peoples past!
Let's review a unilaterally loved, turn-based RPG through the lens of a gamer who may have just enough patience to appreciate it for what it really is.
What the Golf. A new twist on a classic mini put game. With all the variations that have come out over the years this one still manages to have something new to offer.
Anyone who grew up with an N64 will remember rolling around trying to get the best pictures of Pokemon. Whether you loved the game or hated it (which I can't imagine) there is a brand new version coming to us! Get your camera ready to get rolling on another adventure!
We may not have E3, but we do know everything that is coming this month of June so check out what is coming down the pipeline!
Want a game where you can immerse yourself in nature and fight against humanity? Well this probably isn't that but you can bring humanity down a notch by snapping them out of the water with your crazy teeth filled maw. Even the golfers aren't safe from your hunger!
Tiny zombies riding chickens, potion throwing wizard villagers, Iron Golems oh my! Minecraft Dungeons is here and it's bringing co-op dungeon crawling madness to your living room.
With all the time you've got at home lately you might as well earn some money for all that extra time you're spending on your phone!
Who is the Origami King? What does he want? Has Bowser been folded into a useless square? Has Mario decided to team up with him?
If you're looking for a horror game to keep you scared and at home during this pandemic, Those Who Remain might be exactly what you need!
Free to play battle royale Apex Legends, is seeing it's fifth major update in little over a year. You can download for free today, and join the mayhem! Heres' what you can expect from Season 5: Fortune's Favor
We're not sure where April went exactly, but it's clear now that May is here! Quarantine persists and free time continues to be an expendable resource by many. For those of us who need some good news, we've decided to compile a list of every game coming this month to Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC!
Final Fantasy VII Remake is by far one of the most anticipated remakes in all of video game history, coming out 23 years after the original on the first Playstation. Remake, however may not be the best terminology because according to this theory, we may just see a different fate for some key characters in the next chapter of FFVII!
One of our co-founders had a birthday!!!!
Looking for something that you can play with your significant other? Living a stable life where you don't have to move yearly but want to know how it feels?Need a game to play with your drunk friends? Look no further! "Moving Out" is a fantastic multiplayer adventure to kill some time with your friends.
If you're looking for a cross between a zombie survival game/ freeworld exploration/ full world destruction and building/ and online integration to work with and against others this is your game. A less blocky style than Minecraft, this game lets you build your dream survival situation. If you can last that long.
A sincerely written plea for the developers of the world to release their games, all of them! They may not be perfect, but we need em. Give us the betas, alphas, and demos. We have nothing but time on our hands, except controllers...
With the need to stay at home I can't help but imagine a number of you are losing your minds dealing with your roommates 24/7. From sharing the bathroom to the kitchen to every living space in the house there is no doubt that you've started stepping on each others toes and are currently working on the last remaining ne