Nintendo Needs an Adult Mode
Now I know what you're thinking, "What the hell is an Adult Mode supposed to be? It's a kid friendly console you idiot!" I agree with you 100% but just hear me out.
"Adult Mode" doesn't have to be anything vulgar or crude. Think of it more like an "advanced mode" for players that are sick of the repetitive nonsense of certain games or just want more of a challenge. There's a lot of changes in a lot of games that I think would benefit greatly from having this option, making the games a lot more fun to play for older audiences.
Let's start with a well known classic series. If you've played the latest version of Mario Party, you've likely shared the same frustrations that I have. Scenes repeating again and again every time a player does something without the ability to skip, lack of difficulty and more. Here's some changes we would suggest "Adult Mode" to have:
- Ability to skip cutscenes or a setting to have them only play once per game. (IE. when a player gets a goomba "friend" into their party)
- The option for longer games, like the classic 50 turns or a "play to 5 stars" option
- Stars and stealing Stars costs more
- Only the winner gets coins from most games
- Landing on the same space as another player triggers a rival battle between the two
- More maps with more difficult/complex layouts to allow more strategy
This game does offer a lot of different ways to play things and there is very little that I would change at the moment but here are just a few;
- Repetitive dialogue from characters only cycles once a day. For example the rug guy; instead of giving you his whole speech every time you talk to him he could instead say it all once and not repeat it again until the next time he visits your island. This would go for many interactions with a lot of players in the game.
- Digging up items only showcases it once per day. Digging up clams to make bait is a pain only made worse by "showing off" your find with every clam.
- Being able to select to craft multiple of the same item at once. Again crafting 15 bait, one at a time, is extremely annoying.
- Highlighting items either when found and/or in your inventory that haven't been donated to the museum yet to stop players from having to check every single time. Especially for those islands with multiple players.
This isn't a game that caught nearly as much traction as the other two did but it's one we play a lot, especially while drinking. Although it's a lot of fun there are still a few little tweaks that would elevate the experience so drastically that everyone would be excited every time we mention it.
- All slices to win. Currently you only need to win 6 rounds to win the game. It doesn't matter if all the "slices" you get are from the same category.
- Infinite rounds until someone wins. Currently there is an option of either 3 or 5 rounds and the final round goes through all categories extremely quickly to get a winner.
- Ability to "steal" pieces. Winning a category that you already have a piece for doesn't get you anything but makes it so that no one else can get it that round. Perhaps after winning the same round multiple times you'll be able to reach a number that allows you to pick a slice from another category. EI: 6 extras slices in history can be traded to any other color you don't have.
Now I know that there is a lot of other alterations for different games out there that you would love to see implemented. Let us know how an "Adult Mode" could change gaming for you, in the comments below!
Games from Nintendo can tend to be repetitive and often overly simple. With a few alterations games could be cranked up to a level where people will be captivated and won't lose interest, no matter their age.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
There's a lot to take in from any E3 event. We've attempted to wrap up Nintendo's showcase is an easy to scroll through format for you to see what catches your eye! Keep checking back to see updated information about each game as it's released.
No Man's Sky. This game has gone through hoops to get to where it is today. Having managed to survive the initial flood of (well deserved) poor reviews, they are now in a position to turn that on it's head. Nothing like the original release, NMS is a game that might just eat up every spare second you have.
Ever fancy yourself maybe building games? Perhaps you've thought about it but never looked into how to get started? Well Nintendo has you covered with their latest release! Game Builder Garage! Game Builder Garage Done in classic Nintendo fashion this "game" walks you through the game creation process.
We all knew it was coming and finally Nintendo has confirmed it. Although they are still pretty tight lipped on what exactly the newest Switch will be called. Hopefully they learned from the ridiculous naming mistake of the Wii U. Nintendo recently started spending more on R&D saying it was for “the next platform”. Now
Now I don't talk about DND much on here and I have never talked about anything that is on Kickstarter but this project warranted a mention. Dungeon Full Dive: Make your tabletop world real! looks like an unbelievable possibility coming to PC and VR. Just watching the video gets me excited about playing a game with frie
Not only due to Covid keeping people at home but for so many other reasons Mario Party has not had the option to play against people who aren't sitting right next to you. I guess Nintendo Finally realized that they were failing badly at the "Party" side of Mario party and have updated the issue! Battle your friends to find out who really is the super star.
Although Super Mario Sunshine has been around for a while it still has a large following. Whether you love the game, hate it or haven't played it still plays a major role on the development of the Mario universe. The real question here is, does it hold up to the test of time?
So you've heard all about how great Valheim is, but you don't have a PC capable of running it. What if you didn't need one?
Playstation has come out with everyone's best interests at heart. Our wallets.
With the free release of 10 games for both 2D and the VR experience you're sure to find something that interests you. Assuming that you play Playstation that is.
I spent a lot of time looking into what games were worth spending money on for my VR headset. After a lot of time looking into what was out there and testing out a bunch of free ones I landed on BeatSaber being my first real purchase.
Free games tend to be a large hit or miss market. There are some out there that are far too fun and should be charging something. While others aren’t worth the time it takes to download them. Bait is something that falls into the category of being worth the effort.
Once a year Nintendo's lead character graces us with discounts! Mario Day is upon once again so snap up those savings and expand your gaming library.
The initial hurdles of getting into the system can be frustrating. Honestly something that I found a little frustrating was attempting to read my WIFI password and enter it into the VR headset although I can only see where I am typing when I have the headset on. Aside from that the main struggles were just related to learning how to properly function with a headset on. The controls are very comfortable and easy to use making the process easier. After getting past that I got sucked into using the headset way way too much.
With the latest update to Stardew Valley there’s more reason than ever to get back into the game! Especially if you own it on console. SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP!!!!! This was a long time coming but even so I still am taken back by how much extra enjoyment is added to the game by playing it split screen with my partner.
Looking for a mobile game that not only has massive draw but will also get you out of the house? Something that you can play with others and even meet new people through? Ingress from Niantic is the game you're looking for.
There are a few games that are a major part of my childhood and Mario 64 is one of the top games of the “throwback” category to me. I remember spending hours trying to get through the simplest of tasks and I'm glad to say that as an adult the game is not so intimidating. Updated with smoother controls really elevates the gameplay to something a lot more enjoyable.
Our growing repository of answers to the most frequently asked Cyberpunk 2077 questions on the internet today.
So a review of this game would be kinda absolutely useless based on the age of it. It’s been out forever so instead it lands as a Throwback to all those old games that bring back wonderful childhood memories. Much like Super Mario 64, I recall playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 obsessively as a child. Although it might not hold up as well as some games, the nostalgia is always nice.
Are you having issues playing Minecraft online? There's some fairly basic steps that you can follow to fix that. Follow this guide and start building up those bases!!
a quick guide to getting yourself some freighter upgrades in No Man's Sky
Epic games is releasing daily games for free until the end of the year! Keep and eye out and jump on the chance, each game is only available for a day!